Clean Fuels Program > Overview > Tax Credit > Rules After 2009 > OEM
Clean Fuel Vehicle Tax Credit
Rules for Vehicles Purchased After January 1, 2009
Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Compressed Natural Gas Vehicles
Thirty-five percent of the vehicle's purchase price minus any grant received, up to $2,500 per vehicle registered in Utah if:
- it is fueled by compressed natural gas;
- it meets the clean fuel vehicle standards in the Clean Air Act; and,
- a previous owner did not take the same credit.
(a) A copy of the motor vehicle's window sticker, which includes its Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), or equivalent manufacturer's documentation showing that the motor vehicle is an OEM Compressed Natural Gas vehicle, or
(b) a signed statement by an Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)-certified technician that includes the vehicle identification number (VIN), the technician's ASE certification number, and states that the motor vehicle is an eligible OEM vehicle;
- An original or copy of the purchase order, customer invoice, or receipt including the VIN (bill of sale); and
- A copy of the current Utah vehicle registration.